2 KASA This Morning December 2, 2013December 2nd, 2013 at 7:37 am by 2 KASA FOX under 2 KASA This Morning
Question of the Day
- What are your favorite cold-weather foods to warm you up?
On 2 KASA This Morning
We showed you last Friday how critical the need for Toys for Tots still is and how it can go a long way to making it a great Christmas for little kids. There’s usually no better way than to put a face to the family of who you are helping. David Romero found one of those families registering recently and shows us how much the campaign is going to help.
Many baby boomers are finding out the hard way that most are behind in saving for retirement and there are plenty of theories behind that. According to the U.S. Bureau of the Census, nearly 76 million births were registered from 1946 and 1964. Here with me now is financial advisor and vice president of Charles Schwab and Company, Mike Bonds.
The Toys for Tots program is making a positive difference around the country for thousands of children. Major Brian Cillessen Toys for Tots joins us again to raise awareness for the program.
How do you feel about your body and health? If you’re unhappy, chances are you need to improve your eating habits. Courtney Byrd, a certified nutrition coach and personal trainer, is here to help shake-it-up and change those bad eating habits.
The Mommy McGyvers are back and they are teaching us how to make the best hot fudge sauce ever!
With the cold weather, we all need a go-to warm meal and living in New Mexico there’s nothing better than a good pasole! Here with me now is Jacqueline Richmond, author of La Estrella De La Navidad.
When the weather is cold and frightful gather the kiddos, some cozy blankets and hot cocoa, and cuddle up with a snow-themed book! Here with me now is Connie Griffin, children’s book specialist at Bookworks.
The Best Hot Fudge Sauce
4 Squares unsweetened chocolate
1 Cup butter (2 sticks)
1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 Teaspoon salt
1 Cup brown sugar, packed
2 Cups white, granulated sugar
1 12 oz. Can evaporated milk
- Melt the chocolate squares and butter over medium heat in a double boiler until blended together completely.
- Add the vanilla and salt and stir to combine.
- Very slowly add 1/8 cup white sugar, stirring until completely dissolved. Slowly add 1/8 cup brown sugar, stirring until dissolved. Continue to alternate sugars, stirring after each addition until sugar is dissolved. Mixture will become granular and chunky.
- Slowly stir in can of evaporated milk until sauce comes back together and becomes glossy and smooth.
- Place in sterilized jars, leaving a 1” space at the top of the jar. Keep sauce in the refrigerator. Heat individual sized servings in the microwave for short (15-20 second) intervals. Do not heat entire jar unless using entire contents.
- You can make sauce ahead and place in a crock pot on low– great for parties/pot-lucks!
- Makes 5 cups of hot fudge sauce.
There’s only one time of the year where you can recycle your green waste, free of charge. Starting Monday Albuquerque residents can take advantage of free green waste pickup.
Waste such as leaves, grass and brush will be collected on your regular trash collection day from today until December 6th and December 9th until December 13th.
Deal of the Day
The best of Albuquerque foods, places, people and things are all in and Albuquerque The Magazine is hosting its best of the city party where you can experience them all!
And you can buy admission for half off.
The event happens at 6 p.m. at the Albuquerque Convention Center. More than 100 winners will have booths set up.
Job of the Day
Albuquerque Public Schools is looking for a general science teacher for SandiaHigh School. For more details and to apply»
La Estrada Navidad: http://www.amazon.com/Estrella-Navidad-The-Christmas-Star/dp/1475108141