2 KASA This Morning – Monday, March 24thMarch 24th, 2014 at 5:16 am by Matt Mauro under 2 KASA This Morning
Question of the Day
- How do you save money?
Deal of the Day
Job of the Day
MOMMY MCGYVER BLOG:
We are finishing a 4 part series on getting kids to eat veggies and today we talked about roasting vegetables. Roasting veggies is such an easy classic way to bring the full flavor out and kids love the soft, tender and brown caramelized finish.
Even if dinner is Mac and Cheese or corn dogs, you can add roasted veggies to get some nutrition in your kid’s day. Here are some easy steps to roast almost any vegetable.
1. Pre-heat oven to about 400 degrees.
2. Cut veggies into even size pieces and spread out on metal baking sheet. Make sure they have plenty of space.
3. Toss evenly with olive oil and salt.
4. Roast for about 15 to 40 minutes depending on how tender the veggie it. Toss about every 10 minutes so it cooks evenly.
5. Add any extra seasoning like more salt, pepper, cayenne, or balsamic vinaigrette.