2 KASA This Morning – Monday, May 12thMay 12th, 2014 at 6:14 am by Matt Mauro under 2 KASA This Morning
Question of the Day
MANY ALBUQUERQUE PUBLIC SCHOOL STUDENTS ARE GETTING READY TO GRADUATE THIS WEEK…
WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE HIGH SCHOOL MEMORY?
FRIDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL? DRAMA CLUB? PROM OR HOMECOMING?
Deal of the Day
Job of the Day
The Perfect Roast Chicken
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Preheat roasting pan as well.
- Use a 4-5 pound, organic chicken. Pat dry with paper towels. Liberally season with salt & pepper. Add lemon, garlic, onion, rosemary, or desired aromatics to the chicken cavity. Massage chicken with olive oil or butter.
- Remove hot roasting pan from oven, oil pan with a few tablespoons of olive oil, and place chicken breast side up. Add desired vegetables, like potatoes, carrots, and onions.
- Return to hot oven, and roast until chicken temperature reads 155-160 on a meat thermometer, about 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 15 minutes before carving.
White Chicken Enchiladas with Green Chile Sour Cream Sauce
8 soft taco flour tortillas
2 cups shredded cooked chicken
2 cups shredded monterrey jack cheese, divided
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons flour
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup sour cream
1 four ounce can green chiles, or ½ cup roast fresh green chiles
chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray 9×13 pan with cooking spray, set aside. Mix the chicken together with 1 cup of the cheese. Distribute the chicken and cheese mixture evenly among the tortillas. Roll up and place seam side down in prepared pan. In a large saucepan, melt the butter. Add the flour; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add the chicken broth, whisking until smooth. Continue cooking over medium eat until sauce is thick and bubbly. Stir in the sour cream and diced green chiles. Pour the sauce in an even layer over the enchiladas. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 20 minutes until bubbly. Sprinkle with cilantro just before serving.