August 22nd, 2013 at 3:16 pm by michaelnewman under Face of Fox
Tomorrow, Friday, August 23 is the last day to vote for our Face of Fox and Star VJ. So what are you waiting for, time is running out!!
Go to kasa. com or click the link here to vote for your favorite candidate.
August 14th, 2013 at 2:05 pm by michaelnewman under Face of Fox
Chef Christopher McLean — Bishop’s Lodge
- Prep Time (minutes): 20
- Cook Time (minutes): 30
- Ready In (minutes): 50
- Course: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
- Servings: 10
- Occasion: Any
- Difficulty Level: Easy
- Easy: Click Here
- 2 Cups Vegetable Oil
- 1 Pound Mozzarella Grated
- ****For the Tomato Sauce****
- 1 large can tomatoes (diced/peeled) or 8 large tomatoes peeled/seeded
- ¼ cup tomato pasted
- 2 Tablespoons minced onion
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons minced shallot
- 1 Tablespoon dry thyme
- 1 Tablespoon dry oregano
- 1 Tablespoon dry basil
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 Tablespoon chopped parsley
- ½ cup white wine
- ****For the Cannelloni****
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- ****Method for the Sauce****
- On medium heat, sauté onions, garlic, and shallots in 2 Tablespoons of vegetable oil for 1 minute.
- Add dry herbs and continue to cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add the white wine and reduce by ½.
- Add the tomato paste, tomatoes, sugar, salt, pepper, and water.
- Simmer 15 minutes on low/medium heat. Add more water for a thinner sauce.
- ****Method for the Cannelloni****
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and milk together.
- In another mixing bowl, blend the flour and salt/pepper.
- Take sliced eggplant and dip in the flour bowl to dust each piece.
- Put slices in the milk/egg mixture.
- Return to the flour blend (try not to have excess egg/milk on each slice)
- In a sauté pan, on medium-high heat, pan fry the eggplant slices.
- When light brown, turn the slice and continue to pan fry until both sides are a light golden brown.
- Mix ¾ pound of mozzarella with ¼ cup of sauce.
- Roll the mozzarella mix inside each slice of eggplant, like enchiladas.
- Put in an oven-safe dish and top and bake for 8 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Top with tomato sauce and remaining shredded mozzarella.